Carnival Prizes

This weekend, I am throwing a "joint" DIY Carnival Party for two of my boys. I think the kids are going to be excited about all the prizes that they are going to be able to win. Today, I am sharing a "sneak peak" at some of the easy and inexpensive carnival prizes I have purchased and made for the party.


All of the prizes will be displayed in front of a fun "prize booth" backdrop that I created from a dollar store tri-fold and red duct tape. It was a simple DIY project, but I think it will have a big impact. A good backdrop really sets the stage and adds a bit of "polish".


One of the prizes I am really excited about are the pom pom poppers I made from pool noodles, balloons and duct tape. I was able to make a bunch (inexpensively), and I am sure the kids will have a lot of fun with them. You can find the full tutorial for pom pom poppers here.


Of course, I also have a bunch of dollar store goodies. My boys had fun picking out their favorite little treats.


One of the more unique prizes that will be available to be won are these LEGO crayons that I crafted from old, broken crayons. I love how bright and colorful they are, and my boys love LEGO! You can find the full tutorial for recycling crayons here.


Another way to get a lot of prizes without breaking the bank is to buy in bulk and divide up the contents. I bought a large box of sidewalk chalk, and I bagged it up in groups of two. Now I have a bunch of fun prizes for the kids to win.


It's also fun to try new ways to present prizes. I created a fun "prize punch" (from dollar store supplies) for hockey cards. You can find the full tutorial for this carnival prize punch here. I have been making these prize punches for years, and they are always a highlight of my boys' parties.


Finally, a party isn't a party without some sweet treats, and these little containers of candy make perfect prizes. I purchased big bags of candy, and then I packaged them in little condiment containers. Cute, right? With these little containers, a few bags of candy can be turned into a large number of treats.


I can't wait for all our little party guests to win some of these carnival prizes. I wonder which prizes will be the biggest hits. Do you have a favorite?

♥ 
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)



PS (Here is the link to all the other DIY carnival party details.)



20 comments:

  1. Looks great! I'm sure they will love it. Where did you find the little cups & covers for the candy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them at the grocery store... but I am sure a restaurant supply store would have them too.

      Delete
  2. How did you get the crayons in the shape of legos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought LEGO molds, and used this method:http://eastcoastmommyblog.blogspot.ca/2016/01/crayon-valentines-with-free-printable.html

      Delete
    2. You can find the LEGO molds here: http://amzn.to/2iXDeu2

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    Thank you for sharing all your ideas. I look forward to my own twist that I will do in December (I'm planning early). I was curious in regards to the games and prizes did the children play multiple times to collect more tickets or did you limit how many chances at each game. I am wondering how many prizes (even if small prizes) I need to have on hand. Thank you,
    bmb8129@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find out how I ran my games here: http://eastcoastmommyblog.blogspot.ca/2015/07/carnival-games-and-activities.html

      Please let me know if you have any more questions.

      Delete
    2. You can find out how I ran my games here: http://eastcoastmommyblog.blogspot.ca/2015/07/carnival-games-and-activities.html

      Please let me know if you have any more questions.

      Delete
  4. Hi there, simply turned into alert to your post through Google, and located that it is really informative. I’m gonna be careful for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you happen to continue this {in future}. Numerous people can be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!
    It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've learn this submit and if I may I desire to suggest you some attention-grabbing things or advice. Maybe you could write subsequent articles regarding this article. I desire to learn even more things approximately it! funhouse mirror for sale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you do anything special to get the lego dots to come out? Mine didn't all come out. Did you spray with pam or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post. buy disposable vape pens

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Basic Electrical Engineering

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! Your ideas are fantastic and I think your boys had a blast. thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! What a great responsive article. I was hoping that you would cover up your previous disaster with a good responsive article. And you have done so! cannabis business Canada

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some truly excellent blog posts on this internet site, thanks for contribution. "Always aim for achievement, and forget about success." cannabis business California

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks very much for this great article;this is the stuff that keeps me going through out these day. pompano beach hotels

    ReplyDelete
  13. Giving a compliment is the perfect way to show you care about someone,and it is a great way to express how much you appreciate another person. legal cannabis Europe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tips, many thanks for sharing. I have printed and will stick on the wall! I like this blog. hemp cbd business plansample

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi I found your site by mistake when i was searching yahoo for this acne issue, I must say your site is really helpful I also love the design, its amazing. Fish Mount Combo

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....